ISO 14001 Environmental Management System is a standard of Environmental Management, dedicated to controlling the environmental pollution risk. The EMS (Environmental Managemet System) establishes mechanisms that in time reduce these risks and incidents and strengthen the organization’s reliability in meeting legal and other environmental requirements.
Standards of the ISO 14000 series aim to support environmental protection and to prevent pollution, and are based on the following principles:
The Environmental Protection System (EMS) should lead to an improvement in the environmental impact;
- Improvement should be permanent;
- When establishing an environmental protection system, the organization should start from the obvious benefit, and that is compliance with the law;
- When the EMS gets its shape, procedures for its further improvement can be applied;
- Integrating EMS with other management systems can lead to greater efficiency of the entire system;
- The quality management system is based on a continuous improvement mechanism, known as the Deming Circuit or continuous improvement cycle, same as ISO 9000.
The basic reasons that lead to the expressed need for introduction of the environmental protection system ISO 14001 are:
- Continuous pollution of the environment
- Fear of total exhaustion of natural resources,
- Lack of organized and systematic monitoring of the consequences of pollution,
- Increased interest in public opinion for environmental protection,
- Legal solutions, special working conditions in vulnerable areas.
Benefits of implementing the environmental management system ISO 14001:
- Reduction of negative effects on the environment Increasing the ability to quickly and efficiently intervene,
- Competitive advantage Easier to obtain authorizations and permits from local and state authorities,
- Better use of energy and water protection, careful selection of raw materials and controlled recycling of waste contributes to cost savings and raises your competitiveness,
- Improving the quality of workplace and employee morale,
- Ecologically aware clients will deal with companies like yours, because it emphasizes its commitment to environmental protection.
- Reducing the risk of environmental catastrophes,
- Improved reputation and trust in the community,
- Legal security for compliance with environmental law Improving your reputation and your client’s reputation
- Your financial burden is reduced due to reactive management strategies such as repairs, cleaning, paying penalties for law violations,
- New opportunities for employment in the markets where ecological production is important,Implementation of ISO 14001 standards is of strategic importance to all organizations doing business on the market.
ISO 9001 is suitable for all organizations that want to improve their management, regardless of the size or activity of the organization. In addition, ISO 9001 is compatible with other management system standards such as the OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems. They share many principles so that it is common practice to integrate standards on an occasion implementation and certification.
Compliance with requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 will:
- Increase your customers’ satisfaction
- Inclusion of all employees and clear delegation of responsibilities at all levels
- Better use of time and work space
- Providing confidence that the desired level of quality has been achieved and maintained
- Creating opportunities for conquering new markets and increasing share in the existing market
- Improving organizational capacity and productivity
- Establishing product and process traceability
- Greater focus on achieving business goals and client expectations Implementation of the quality management system is of strategic importance to all organizations doing business on the market
- By certification of the established quality management system you ensure continuous monitoring of your processes by internationally accredited bodies that are specialized in checking and controlling standards.
By certification you ensure continuous monitoring of your processes by internationally accredited bodies that are specialized in checking and controlling the standards.